Visualisation and visual facilitation is a (new) method to make content and process visible in realtime. Be it in presentations, workshops, coaching sessions, trainings and meetings – whenever people engage in dialogue, are working together and want to learn from each other in an impactful way. Bikablo is our brand that opens the door to the world of visual thinking and dialogue.
In our trainings we introduce you to basic and advanced skills, tools and methodologies for meaningful visualisation. Whether as a trainer, coach, facilitator, consultant or (project) manager, you will start out working on techniques, visual ingredients and methods, together with other participants in a small group. Irrespective of your artistic talent, you will learn visual language that you can use for notes in small formats as well as for flip charts and pin boards. Our goal: For you to have fun and learn what you need to get going the next day!
Training sessions by bikablo akademie
Partnering up with great local hosts, bikablo akademie proudly offers two-day basic training opportunities in Europe and Canada:
- Dublin, April 24–25 with bikablo trainers Michaela Ruhfus and Heidrun Künzel
hosted by WorkVisible Ltd
- Montreal, May 10 – 11 with bikablo trainer Andrea Rawanschad
hosted by @ItsUnderstood and Agile Partnership
- Glasgow, July 10–11 with bikablo trainers Michaela Ruhfus and Ramona Wultschner
hosted by WorkVisible Ltd (please ask our host Andy de Vale for registration details)
Learn more about our two-day basic training
Requested by so many alumni from our basic training sessions, we decided to run advanced classes in Germany, UK and Canada:
- 2-day Visual Storytelling Training (short version)
Toronto, April 30 – May 1 hosted by @ItsUnderstood and @ellen grove
with bikablo trainer Andrea Rawanschad
- 2-day Visual Storytelling Training (short version)
London, August 7–8 hosted by Actineo Consulting LLP
with bikablo trainers Andrea Rawanschad and Ramona Wultschner
- 3-day Graphic Recording Training
Cologne, December 17–19 hosted by bikablo akademie
with bikablo trainers Stefan Böker and Coco Riess
Training Sessions by global trainer teams
Training sessions are just about to be scheduled.
Ask Frank Wesseler in order to be the first one to learn about new dates!
Trainer: Yaïssa Gottenbos and Desirée van Dijk, bikablo core team
Host: Neuland Netherlands
- May 31–June 1, 2018, in Harmelen
Belgium, France & francophone Switzerland
Trainer: Charles-Louis de Maere, bikablo certified global trainer
Language: English, French or Dutch (see below)
- April 23–24, 2018, in Geneva (in French)
- May 22–23, 2018, in Paris (in French)
- June 11–12, 2018, in Brussels (in French)
- September 17–18, 2018, in Brussels (in English)
- November 12–13, 2018, in Geneva (in French)
- December 17–18, 2018, in Paris (in French)
- April 21–22 in Shanghai, Hongkou District (Trainer: Eva Zhao and Xiaoli He)
- May 5–6 in Shanghai, Hongkou District (Trainer: Eva Zhao and Xiaoli He)
- May 25–26 in Shenzhen, Guangdong (Trainer: Eva Zhao)
- June 23–24 in Shanghai, Hongkou District (Trainer: Eva Zhao and Xiaoli He)
Info and registration: please email to Xiaoli He
Trainer: Jaya Machet, bikablo certified global trainer
Host: All Lined Up
- June 8 in Singapore, 100 Victoria Street, National Library Building
- August 3 in Singapore, 100 Victoria Street, National Library Building
Trainer: Hiromi Hara, bikablo certified global trainer
- April 21 in Tokyo
- May 12 in Tokyo
Australia and New Zealand
Trainer: Marcel van Hove, Martin Ruckert and John Hibble, bikablo certified global trainer
Upcoming Dates in Australia:
- April 16-17 in Sydney
- May 10-11 in Sydney
- May 17-18 in Melbourne
- June 07-08 in Sydney
- June 14-15 in Melbourne
- June 28-29 in Brisbane
Upcoming Dates in New Zealand:
Advanced Visual Storytelling Training
more info: please check visualfriends.com
How can I use visual facilitation?
Our experience, backed up by educational science, shows that people work together more effectively when they can follow their own process in graphics and are able to visually see the connections between issues. Visual facilitation means participative learning, exploration, and dialogue. Whoever works with visual facilitation values contributions from the group, promotes better understanding, and will achieve emotional, deeply relevant and sustainable results. The bikablo akademie will guide you on your journey towards becoming a visualiser/visual facilitator and provide a broad range of training offers to further enhance your practice.
The bikablo technique: Learn to visualise without previous drawing skills
During more than 10 years of practical experience we have developed a universally applicable visual language that anyone can learn: The bikablo technique. Artistic talent is definitely not a prerequisite! There is a range of products based on the bikablo brand which we develop in cooperation with our partner Neuland.
The basic idea behind the bikablo technique: Visualisation (by contrast to the fine arts) is an everyday language consisting of vocabulary and grammar, which can be learnt like any other language. You learn how to express yourself visually via writing, symbols, figures, and graphics – and to use this visual technique in your everyday work.
The bikablo brand
The bikablo akademie is a training company based in Cologne, Germany, and pioneers the development of visual thinking and visual facilitation. In the last decade we have trained thousands of people to enrich their work and life with visualisation. Today, we work with an international trainer team to spread our knowledge worldwide.
bikablo Visual dictionaries and materials: Our publications on visualisation are are bilingual in English and German. They are distributed exclusively by our partner Neuland, a manufacturer of quality facilitation equipment. You can purchase them in the Neuland webshop, and they are shipped internationally. Learn more
Why is bikablo called bikablo? Bikablo is short for Bilder-Karten-Block (German for „picture card pad“) which was the name of our first visual dictionary. Today, it’s a brand and a registered trademark.
Our international training program
- bikablo inhouse training in English, French, Dutch, Spanish or Italian conducted by the bikablo akademie trainer team
- Open training sessions conducted by the bikablo akademie trainer team
- Open and inhouse training around the world by certified bikablo global trainer teams